GMAT- The Gateway to Your Dream B-Schools
Many people dream of going abroad for business and management studies. For them, preparing for the Graduate Management Admission Test is utmost important. The GMAT score is accepted by more than 6000 business schools worldwide for their admission process. It is an online computer-based examination having a maximum score of 800. It is important to know that only getting a decent GMAT score does not guarantee the admission of the candidate at any business school. However, it is one of the most important parameters considered by these institutions to evaluate the candidates based on the standard of the institution. Hence, go to get a high score in a single attempt, candidates need to prepare well. Institutes for the GMAT test preparation Gurgaon can help the candidates to understand how to improve themselves to crack GMAT.
To get admission at a renowned business school, scoring good marks in only one or two sections of GMAT is not enough. Hence, GMAT preparation courses in Gurgaon provides a complete guide for the candidates seeking guidance to score high on each of the sections mentioned above. There are many institutes who offer different types of online and offline courses for the preparation of GMAT such as:
- Classroom training where several students are mentored together for GMAT. Here the candidates can interact with the faculty face to face and clear their doubts instantly.
- Live classes where several doubt clearing sessions are arranged for the candidates.
- Online training where the candidates are provided guidance by the study materials and doubt clearing sessions online.
- Private tutoring which is ideal for the candidates seeking customized guidance.
Candidates can choose any type of course according to their convenience and start preparing for GMAT.
It is extremely important to know about the GMAT question pattern to score high. GMAT exam consists of four sections, which are as follows:
- Analytical writing assessment section which contains 1 topic for the candidates to analyze the argument. A duration of 30 mins is given for this section. The grading for this section is done from 0 to 6 with 0.5 increments.
- Integrated reasoning section which has 12 questions based on multi-source reasoning, two-part analysis, graphical interpretation, and table analysis. A duration of 30 mins is given for this section. The grading for this section is done on a scale of 1 to 8 with an increment of 1 point. The range of the score for this section is 0 to 60 which is known as a scaled score. A score around 51 or 98 percentiles in this section is considered as a good performance.
- The quantitative section which has a total of 31 questions based on problem-solving and data sufficiency. A duration of 62 mins is provided for this section. The range of the score for this section is 0 to 60 which is known as a scaled score. A score of above 45 or 99 percentiles in this section is considered as a good performance.
- The verbal section which has 36 questions based on critical reasoning, reading comprehension, and sentence correction. A duration of 65 mins is given for this section. The grading for this section is done from 200 to 800 with 10 points increments.